Plate Runner Platform
High content screening (HCS)/Analysis (HCA)
HCS/HCA enables automated acquisition, visualization and quantification of a large number of images.
The Plate Runner HD allows:
- Rapid snapshot acquisition of fluorescence images of cells and small organisms
- High resolution full well / full plate imager
- High through-put format for 96/384 plates
- May serve as a sensitive plate reader detecting whole well fluorescence
Examples of fluorescence assays that may be measured:
- Reporter gene assays
- Cell viability, cytotoxicity and apoptosis assays
- Neurite outgrowth
- Screening of fast kinetics
This device is very simple to learn and to use. It produces only full standard tiff images, compatible with any vendor image analysis program.
The Plate Runner is available for everyone to use.
Left: photo of the Plate Runner HD from Trophos. Upper right: whole well image of culture well (96 well plate format) containing human induced pluripotent stem cells grown on mouse feeders, stained for pluripotent markers NANOG (red) and OCT4 (green). The cell nuclei is stained with DAPI (blue). Lower right: whole well image of culture well (96 well plate format) containing human induced pluripotent stem cells-derived Hb9::GFP motor neurons stained using calcein.
Published papers related to the Plate runner platform:
E-mail: andreas [dot] heuer [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
E-mail: Anna [dot] Hammarberg [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
Tel: 046-222 0642
Location: A1024 (lab) or B1133b (office)